24 March 2009

LITTLE CATHOLIC BOY

Well, so I got baptized! I am now a little Catholic boy. Baptisms are quite a big thing here in Manila. I have ten - yes, count 'em, TEN - godfathers ("ninongs") and seven godmothers ("ninangs"). My Mamu was cautious and decided to leave her other close friends for my future sister or brother. We had the actual baptismal sacrament in the Santa Rita Parish in West Avenue - it's the same place where my Papu got baptized. Also, my parents chose it so I won't have a hard time getting my baptismal certificate someday, when I get married (they're very organized with their records there at Santa Rita, plus it's very accessible, with plenty of parking spaces, teehee. My folks were very thoughtful - Mamu said my future wife better appreciate the gesture!) My grandma Luli took care of the reception - we had it at my grandpa's sports club. Usually, little baby boys wear teeny tiny satin shirts, or mini "barong Tagalogs" (the embroidered formal traditional garment for Filipino men, according to Wikipedia). My parents couldn't find anything nice - the one nice "barong Tagalog" we saw didn't have my size. So they got me a baptismal gown instead. A dress! Yuck! My Mamu promised I would never have to wear it again. (Which is why she only got me a 300 peso gown from SM!). Thank GOD for that!


March 21, 2009

Apart from my baptismal gown, I had two other wardrobe changes, teehee. But my folks decided to save those for another entry.


And guess who I met at last? Why, my kinakapatid ("godbrother") DAVID!
(My Mamu is his godmother, so David is my "kinakapatid" - "kapatid" being Filipino for sibling!
David and I were born exactly 10 days apart! We both also have silly mommies who go nuts about our clothes!)

I prayed that my parents would never let me wear a dress again!
(That is my "yaya" or nanny in the background)

Baptismal Gown with Cap and Booties - Star Baby from SM

1 comment:

  1. pareng laz! pasensya na nakatulog ako sa binyag mo, bawi na lang ako ---david

    ReplyDelete