01 September 2009

CAMSUR!

I went to the province Bicol over the three-day weekend with my Papu, Mamu and their friends! My Ninong ("godfather") Vincent is from Bicol - and so is my yaya ("nanny") Nida! We went by car - it took us almost 7 hours going to and fro. My yaya Nida left to spend time with her own children on our first two days there. I was left with my parents and a gaggle of their friends who all helped take care of me - Mamu calls them The Baby-Sitters Club. I had a lot of fun! I think I would want to spend my summers in the province (or the "countryside" as they'd say over in the Western world) - there's just so much more to do outdoors!

August 21-23, 2009
We arrive at Naga! That's the capital of Bicol.
We left at around 4am, so I slept throughout the entire trip, yay!
Our first stop was at Podo Grill, where the old folks all ate this dish called "kinalas."
Here I am, playing with my Tita Karla Lim, all bright and chirpy after a good long snooze during the drive to Bicol.

Tee - from SM

On our first day, we hung around at my Ninong Enteng's place in Naga.
Here I am trying out the jet ski, teehee! I was actually gazing at some pigeons, but when they brought this beauty out, I forgot all about nature schmature and went right to the big mean machine!

Tank Top - from SM


Then I went for a ride on a "karitela" (horse carriage).
Ninong Enteng's family in Naga rent out this little karitela, with a little farm house, to take his nephew and nieces around their estate.

Tank top - from SM



We went to the Camsur Watersports Complex (CWC they call it) in the afternoon.
That's where all the big folks wakeboard!
Here I am, sitting by the dock, by the wakeboard lake.
That's a local wakeboarder seated beside me.
I just had my swim in the pool, so I'm all wrapped up in my fuzzy bathrobe! Teehee!

Bathrobe - from SM

We headed to Pasacao Beach the next day!
Here I am splashing around the shallow part of the ocean with my Mamu.
I did NOT eat sand this time, FYI!
I had fun. I'm not afraid of the sea anymore, hurrah!

Souvenir tank from Subic!
(From my grandfather Pops!)


I "tried" a beer before my swim, by the way.
San Miguel Light, of course! Hihi.

We stayed until evening at the beach.
Here I am mugging for the camera after my shower!
I am wearing a hat borrowed from my Tito Junjie Abella.
My Ninang ("godmother") Trina Ilarde got me that tee.

Tee - Mothercare

We went to the mall, SM Naga, on our last day there!
My parents rented this neat little car for me to zoom around in while we walked around and bought souvenirs. (My Yaya Nida was back and was the one who did the pushing!)

My parents' boss, Atty. Sonya Castillo, got me that tee.


On our way out, my Tita Karla spotted these little motorcycles by the mall entrance.
I just had to ride one, of course!

Notice how my parents NEVER slipped a decent pair of shorts on me the whole time we were in Naga?
I've been going around half-naked during most of our vacations, it seems.
On account of the heat no doubt! We do live in the tropics after all!

Tee - Zara Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment