03 August 2009

YELLOW

My Oma came back from Australia yesterday. She was gone for almost a month! I know she missed me terribly! So today, we headed out for a day of eating and shopping at Power Plant, a mall in Rockwell, Makati. I went with my Papu, Mamu, Oma, Opa, and Auntie Amanda. My yaya ("nanny") Nida took the weekend off - her first since she started taking care of me last June! We ate at Myron's - the big folks had steaks, while Mamu fed me baby food from a little jar. I had vegetable turkey - so I didn't miss out much, I think! We wandered around the mall and went shopping - my Oma got me a new tee from Zara Kids. I got to practice my walking - my grandparents are very patient about "wandering" around with me. I also noticed there were lots of yellow ribbons displayed in the mall - at the stores, restaurants, outside the mall, even the streets outside. That's because Cory Aquino died yesterday. I've never met her, but my folks keep telling me great things about her! I send her hugs and kisses, and hope she is finally resting, wherever she is!


August 2, 2009
My Lolo ("grandfather") Ferdie, Lola ("grandmother") Irene, Ate ("big sister") Bianca, and Kuya ("big brother") Rapha Insigne got me that bib!
My Lola Ging and Lola Jojo Deles got me that burp cloth.
It's part of a livelihood project by a group of marginalized folks - they make pretty little hand-embroidered burp cloths, bibs, and towels.
(Only I can't remember the group which made it! We lost the little card the cloths came with!!!)

Translated in English, this means I am "good-looking!!!"

In Myron's - done eating!

I practice walking around Power Plant now.
(Being helped along by my Papu here).

Yellow!


Onesie - In The Crib; Sandals - Florsheim Kids; Bib - Kladd by Ikea; Burp cloth - oh no, we lost the little card it came with!

No comments:

Post a Comment